Wednesday, November 18, 2009

As a Mom......A Sisterhood of Mommy Patriots

I came home from work tired. It seems like many nurses/people are VERY STRESSED. True, working in a fetal antepartum testing center, has it's share of stressors but this is different. Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner but again, I've worked enough years during this period and find people's reactions are very emotional. So what is different? I'm no expert but I believe it's the "State of the Union."(And don't say "duh!)

It's just not the economy and job loss(stupid). It's our safety and security that's been shaken (Ft. Hood)and is being shaken again by some pretty incredible decisions by the White House.
I believe NOBODY wants the 9/11 terrorists to be tried in NYC! And quite frankly "what are the President and Attorney General Holder thinking?" Why do terrorists who perpetrated an ACT of WAR against the United States have the right to a civil trial? They are not citizens. It should be a military tribunal.
As if that's not enough to drive people crazy, we're getting a 2+ trillion dollar healthcare plan jammed down our throat or rammed  up somewhere else!  And for a "peek" into how that government healthcare plan will work all people need to do is look at the Government Covened Panel to review mammograms! This was a SIX (6) person panel made up of  CHOSEN MD's & scientists that rendered the ludacris recommendations: No mammos between 40-50 years of age and after 50 years old, every 2 years until age 75. Oh yes and breast self exams don't have to be done because it's NOT PROVEN it helps.
What Koolaid were these folks drinking?
Think about it! If there is a government plan and private plans, how long do you think it will take for the private plans to change their care guidelines.
Truth is that with the technology we have available now for mammograms, there are less "false positives" and therefore less biopsies. 
My level of trust in this Administration is diminishing.(OK so it wasn't high to begin with, but I did have hope.)

In closing, As a Mom... had us vote on T shirts. I voted for the one near the bottom with the flag and eagle. Take a look at the website.

http://asamom.ning.com/




Network of principled mothers, grandmothers, daughters, & guardians of our nation's children dedicated to the 9 Principles & 12 Values.



..9 12 Project.The Nine Principles


1. America is good.


2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.


3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.


4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.


5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.


6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.


7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.


8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.


9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.


To these we add this one:


Children are a gift from God and a sacred responsibility




T-Shirt Logo Contest

No comments:

Post a Comment