Friday, June 3, 2011

Friends.....



( I see myself as Elphaba..... opinionated and marching to the beat of my own drummer or flying around on my broomstick....whatever!)

When I first saw WICKED in New York in April 2006, I was blown away by the actors, story ( read the book) and music....especially this song.....I love the words and sentiment. 
I believe that people DO come into my life for a reason. I believe I am meant to learn something from each person and to help each person.
So to my friends: past and present, THANK YOU! I have been changed "For Good."

Music from "WICKED"

For Good

(Elphaba):


I'm limited


Just look at me - I'm limited


And just look at you


You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda


So now it's up to you


For both of us - now it's up to you.
 
(Glinda):



I've heard it said


That people come into our lives for a reason


Bringing something we must learn


And we are led


To those who help us most to grow


If we let them


And we help them in return


Well, I don't know if I believe that's true


But I know I'm who I am today


Because I knew you...


Like a comet pulled from orbit



As it passes a sun


Like a stream that meets a boulder


Halfway through the wood


Who can say if I've been changed for the better?


But because I knew you


I have been changed for good



(Elphaba):


It well may be


That we will never meet again


In this lifetime


So let me say before we part


So much of me


Is made from what I learned from you


You'll be with me


Like a handprint on my heart


And now whatever way our stories end


I know you have re-written mine


By being my friend...






Like a ship blown from its mooring


By a wind off the sea


Like a seed dropped by a skybird


In a distant wood


Who can say if I've been changed for the better?


But because I knew you



(Elphaba):

And just to clear the air


I ask forgiveness


For the things I've done you blame me for

(Glinda):

But then, I guess we know


There's blame to share

(Both):

And none of it seems to matter anymore


Who can say if I've been



Changed for the better?


I do believe I have been


Changed for the better


(Glinda):

And because I knew you...


(Elphaba):

Because I knew you...

(Both)

Because I knew you...



I have been changed for good...

No comments:

Post a Comment