Sunday, January 17, 2010

I give Barack Obama a "D"

Dishonest, Disgusted, Disillusioned and Disheartened

Was it really almost a year ago that Barack Obama was sworn in? Even though I didn't vote for him, I was hopeful that the new President might change how government functions.


And guess what? He has!


But it is not what I expected. Silly me. I grew up in Chicago.I should know better. Mr. President is a Chicago politician. Behind closed door deals, strong arm politics and patronage jobs are just SOP for him. ( Dishonest )


It seems each day I read about another assault by this administration and Congress on the Constitution. ( Disgusted )
But I didn't vote for him!


Imagine how those people that did vote for him feel?


My mother who was born, raised and still lives in Chicago voted for Obama. She now says she is so sorry she did! She bought his rhetoric about change. She says he's worse than anyone who's been president in her lifetime. She tells me of how many folks/family are out of work back home. She's angry that she got taken in by all of his campaign promises. She's a senior on limited income and now realizes she will have less with Obama.
(Disillusioned & Disheartened )


I am sure she isn't the only person who regrets their vote.


It seems that the President ( and the Democratic Congress ) is more concerned with their Legacy, ie: Healthcare Reform, than with the economy and jobs.


So here's a suggestion: Let's get off the "D" list.


Use the 2010 midterm elections to FIRE the current lawmakers who are not listening to their constituents.


Then get ready to FIRE President Obama in 2012!


In the meantime,  let's HIRE Scott Brown! Get him elected in Massachsetts!

No comments:

Post a Comment