Saturday, July 25, 2009

MY PASSION

Working as a Labor and Delivery nurse for 24 years, I felt blessed and honored to assist women, and their families in the birth of their child(children). Hearing a newborn cry, witnessing a family's joy always touched me deeply. As well, when I was asked to assist women, and their family in delivering a "baby born asleep", their pain and anguish cut like a knife. Throughout all these experiences, I knew this was my passion, my calling in life.


Then I joined Antepartum Testing, and my PASSION grew. I love performing ultrasounds on the fetus'. I love showing the "moms" what their baby is doing.(kicking, sucking, practice breathing)


But most of all I love the following: witnessing the "circle of life"; recognizing we are created equal (can't tell race,religion etc. on ultrasound); and LIFE is a MIRACLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment