Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reflections: A Love Letter to My Husband Dennis

All of my 7 readers (old Rick Dees joke) know by now that I find my life's inspirations in many ways. Music is one. Today's inspiration comes from BeBe and CeCe Winans album "Still."  I love the whole CD.  Each time I listen to it, I connect to a different song. I suppose it depends what I'm feeling that particular day. The song of the day is "I Found You." This was a perfect fit because I've been reflecting on what a blessing my husband is in my life.
We met through business in 1990. I remember I enjoyed talking to him. And even though I thought he was cute for a "yuppie," what I was most impressed by was his good heart. However, most people we worked with thought of him differently. ( I will not comment about those folks.)
As I spent more time with Dennis, I came to enjoy his sense of humor & laughter, as well as his hard headed opinions & anger. (For the benefit of my kids...yes he did bring me over to the "Republican" side.) When it came to intimacy, he generously cared about my pleasure. (still does)
Twenty years ago I found it hard to accept that someone could genuinely love me. I questioned if I deserved love. I was so ashamed about choices I'd made as a young women. I thought I should be punished for the rest of my life. It was then and continues to be Dennis who reflects all of my goodness back to me. My husband who is not committed to any " religion," found a way to help me see how God sees me. He (Dennis) did this through his constant acceptance of me, quirks, past baggage and all.
It's Unconditional Love.  I believe in God. I believe God introduced Dennis to me. The first year of our relationship,I struggled with this concept.
Dennis proposed to me on Valentine's Day 1991. We married in 1993.
Our love has grown through happy and challenging times. He is my best friend who continues to reflect my goodness back to me.



I Found You (Cindy's Song)
BeBe and CeCe Winans


When I found you...I found somebody who cares
When i found you...Found my most intimate prayer
When i found you...I found what every heart dreams of
When i found you...I found love


When I found you I found the rest of my life
When I found you I told all others good-bye
When I found you I saw my fears fly away like a dove
When I found you I found love

I Know True love sounds crazy
But worth waiting for
You are the one...My only
Forever More

When I found you i found my fate in your arms
When i found you i found no cause for alarm
When I found you i knew this love was a gift from above
When i found love...

No comments:

Post a Comment